Keto diet or ketogenic diet is a diet that implements low-carbohydrate and high-fat diets. Several studies support this method because ketogenic diet can lose weight in a short time but still increase energy. Some other benefits that can be obtained through keto diet is prevent the risk of diabetes, cancer, epilepsy, and Alzheimer’s. So, how to make a keto diet meal plan for everyday? In this article you can find information about keto diet menu plan guide which you can find it below.
Guide on keto diet menu plan
As mentioned above, keto diet focuses on high in fat and low in carbohydrates. If normal fat intake is limited to about 20-30% of daily requirement, ketogenic diet recommends fat intake up to 60-70%.
Food intake of carbohydrate sources was greatly reduced to only 5% of the daily requirement in general. Instead, carbohydrates are exchanged for foods high in protein to meet 20 percent of the body’s needs.
This drastic reduction of carbohydrates makes the body enter a phase called ketosis. The lack of carbohydrate intake makes the body does not produce enough blood sugar to burn as energy. As a result, the body begins to break up the fat piles as a backup energy source.
Foods that should be avoided in keto diet
Here is a list of high carbohydrate foods that need to be reduced or eliminated on the ketogenic diet:
- Sweet foods: Soda, fruit juice, smoothies, cakes, ice cream, candy, etc.
- Grains or flour: Products based on wheat, rice, pasta, cereals, etc.
- Fruit: All fruits, except a small piece of fruit like strawberries.
- Beans or peas: Peas, beans, chickpeas, etc.
- Vegetables and root tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, etc.
- Low fat or diet products: These products often contain high carbohydrates.
- Some herbs or sauces: Many products contain unhealthy sugars and fats.
- Unhealthy Fat: Limit your intake of processed vegetable oils, mayonnaise, etc.
- Sugar-free diet foods: Contains high levels of artificial sugar, which can affect the ketone process
Foods are recommended in keto diet
The following types of high-fat foods are recommended in your keto diet menu, namely:
- Meat: Red meat, steak, ham, sausage, bacon, chicken and turkey.
- Fatty fish: salmon, tuna, sardines, and mackerel.
- Butter and cream
- Unprocessed cheese (cheddar, goat, cream, blue, or mozzarella).
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, etc.
- Healthy oils: Extra virgin oil olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil.
- Avocado fruit, strawberries
- Low carbohydrate vegetables: Green vegetables, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
- Spices: You can use salt, pepper and a variety of healthy herbs and spices.
- Full fat yogurt, full fat milk
- 90% dark chocolate
Keto diet menu plan for everyday
The important thing that need to remember to preparing keto diet menu is the proportion between carbohydrates, protein, and fat: 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbohydrates. Also define which food to avoid and which ones are recommended.
Here is the keto diet menu options that you can serve at home.
Black coffee without cream, sugar, sweetener, milk (Can be added coconut oil or butter / margarine, can also be “sweetened” with ginger / cinnamon / vanilla / chocolate)
This breakfast menu contains 84 percent fat, 12 percent protein, and 2 percent carbo.
Roasted chicken breast with butter or olive oil, season with garlic, pepper and salt, and other spices according to taste.
From this menu you get 69 percent fat, 30 percent protein, and 1 percent carbohydrate.
Setup of beef with tomato, grated cheese, cream, spring onion, butter.
The nutrients you get from this dinner are 73 percent fat, 23 percent protein, and 3 percent carbohydrates.
Drink black tea everyday may help you to lose weight
- Breakfast: Milkshake or full fat milk
- Lunch: Vegetable salad plus a little chunks of shrimp or fish, olive oil, lemon juice, mint leaves, peppers, sesame seeds and cheese
- Dinner: Vegetable salad plus cuts of meat, celery, peppers, tomatoes and cheese
- Snack: Avocado, apple, and a handful of nuts
- Breakfast: High fat meats like beef or goat, add eggs, tomatoes, peppers, celery and carrots
- Lunch: Salad, lemon juice, mint leaves, almonds, sesame seeds, lettuce, mushrooms with olive oil (can be added chicken breast pieces or shrimp and a sprinkling of cheese)
- Dinner: fish, asparagus, celery, spices, onions, garlic, spring onion, cheese, lettuce, peppers and broccoli
- Snack: A handful of nuts and strawberries
Remember, you can make your own keto diet menu plan by sticking to the principle of 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbohydrates. Check the vegetarian diet tips which may suitable for you.